With summer quickly approaching it is a good time to start thinking about ideas for cold salads. This tortellini salad makes an excellent side dish for summer cookouts, graduation parties, or any event. This salad combines cheese tortellini with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. The salad is tossed with Caesar salad dressing. I like to use a lighter Caesar dressing instead of the creamy kind because it gives the salad and different flavor and appearance. If you do not want to use Caesar salad dressing, Italian salad dressing would be a good option as well. If you need a delicious cold salad recipe for summer, give this one a try. Enjoy.
Author: Country Cobwebs
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (8 ounce) block mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 1 cup pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- ⅔ cup Caesar salad dressing
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the tortellini according to the package direction. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer the tortellini to a large bowl.
- Add mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the Caesar salad dressing and toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Add seasoned chicken for a great summer meal!